So I have been increasingly using computers to read my papers. After few hours of reading articles on computer using Adobe Acrobat my eyes are very tired as the sharp white background and the black font contrast strains my eyes.
Here is a simple solution (which worked for me):
change pdf background color
- Open Acrobat Reader
- On top menu search for “Edit”
- Click on “Edit” and and look for “Preference” in the dropdown menu.
- (The short cut to that is Ctrl+k on windows machines)
- On the Preference window look in the Categories section look for “Accessibility”.
- In the “Document Colors Options: Choose (check mark) “Replace Document Colors” and then some other options are activated.
- I chose the “Custom color” and set the “Page Background” to black and “Document Text” to White.